Mr. Hollander, the Band Director said he changed the colors to maroon and black for the band and the twirlers/color guard, because the kids didn't like the white. He said it was impossible to keep clean. I wrote an earlier article where I gave Mr. Hollander the benefit of the doubt and suggested that he might want to use the black for practice and that there was nothing wrong with having a choice of colors.
This was before I saw that:
- There were two sets of Home Coming King & Queens
- There were two sets of Prom King & Queens
- There were 2 Valedictorians, one for DMHS and one for the academy program
- The words of the Alma Mater have been changed from the original EHS to DMAE. It had been EHS since the origin of the school.
- The gowns are maroon and black for academy program students who graduate from DMHS and maroon and white for DMHS students who acknowledge it as their school.
- The Board of Education President questioned why Dwight Morrow High School was named after Dwight W. Morrow. He suggested that the man was unimportant in the scheme of things.
- The Dwight Morrow High School Yearbook has been captured and held prisoner. The spine of the book reads Academies@Englewood, then Dwight Morrow High School. Check and Match. Our School is being erased.
- A board member's wife said to a principal, "do you know who he is?" when her son was not inducted into the National Honor Society. That Principal has been removed from the HS as principal.
In most schools Honors Program
Particpants are identified with a sash
like the one shown here. Why isn't
this enough for the Board of Ed.?There is no T in PTO - yes I'm going there also. What Teacher wants to be in an organization ran by the wives of the board members. Talk about ending up in a dusty closet with no pupil contact.. Pillow talk. What would we do in Englewood if there was no tenure? That my friend, is a scary thought. The Vice President of the Teacher's Union did not think that this was a conflict of interest. Okay, it may not be illegal, but it is certainly suspicious and the cards are totally stacked against anyone not in the click. Board Members and their wives are too much in the business of the school. Oh what a precious web we weave...once we practice to deceive.
|A display of Memories|