Tuesday, October 3, 2017

“Claiming a Future for our Children”

My name is William Feinstein and I am a candidate for the Englewood Board of Education. I was raised in Englewood and attended the Englewood Public Schools from Kindergarten through twelfth grade. After graduating from Dwight Morrow High School, I attended Johnson & Wales University, where I obtained my BA in Hospitality Management. 


I am currently the Director of Human Resources with a boutique hotel company in New York City. I have previously served on city boards and committees, including the Englewood Rent Leveling Board, The Englewood Board of Adjustment and the 1999 Englewood Centennial Committee.


Why am I running for the Englewood Board of Education? 
I am very passionate and committed 
to the success of the Englewood Public Schools. I was fortunate to receive a great education that prepared me for the world outside of Englewood and I want every child today to receive that same great education and experience. As a community we have a responsibility, to ensure that each child is given that same opportunity from day one. We must put a very strong emphasis on early education. When a child falls behind in the early grades, it becomes extremely difficult, if not sometimes impossible, for that child to catch up. 

That is unacceptable.

As a School Board Member, I will take my responsibilities very seriously. I understand that my role is not to be involved in the day to day operations of the district, but to work collaboratively with the administration and other board members to develop policies that support the district goals and follow the law. Our goals must be focused on one objective: to offer the best education possible to every child.
We must get our house in order so that we can attract the most qualified and experienced individuals for the district at all levels. We need to start thinking outside of the box and become more creative to increase parent and community involvement. Regular “listening sessions” where the board, administration and community can come together to have a real dialogue and discussion would be a great start. We also need to reach out to successful school districts and share best practices.

A strong successful school system benefits our entire community. We need all stakeholders to participate, parents, teachers, administrators and residents. I am an independent thinker that has only one special interest, the Children.
I ask for your support and your vote on 
November 7th, ballot position #5.

“Claiming a Future for our Children”

Paid for by Bill Feinstein for Englewood Board

No comments:

Post a Comment