Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pride and Prejudice?

After the School Board Meeting on June 26, 2014, I noticed a young parent waiting around with her family. She spoke to her son saying, that is Mrs. Walker. I thought, oh no.
She approached me with her son and introduced the 2 of us. Another Community member was holding her youngest child. The young man stepped forward and told me this:

"I am an Academy student, but I will graduate from Dwight Morrow High School." He spoke with the pride and certainty that has been missing from the graduates of A@E since the first class earned diplomas from our Alma Mater.

Looking at them, I knew that at least one Englewood family understands what our group is trying to do. I hugged both of them and thanked them for the encouragement. That one exchange gave me enough fuel to carry on for a long time.
Join us. Help us dodge the bullets. Join the fight to save our traditions. We value our history. Some of our children are being taught to value their history also.   https://www.facebook.com/CelebrateDMHS



        Adios and Vaya Con Dios







How are the children?

No comments:

Post a Comment