Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Will Your High School Senior Be College and Career Ready?


Trenton, NJ -The Department of Education today announced the formation
of the College and Career Readiness Task Force, a group of K-12 and
higher education practitioners and business community representatives
that will have two main responsibilities: clearly articulating the
knowledge and skills that students should master to be "college and
career ready," and ensuring that New Jersey has the appropriate
graduation requirements and high school assessments in place to evaluate
the mastery of these readiness standards. The task force will submit its
recommendations to the Department of Education by December 31, 2011. 

"Our number one priority is to ensure that students across the state of
New Jersey are not only graduating from high school, but that when they
do, they are truly ready for college and a career. When you have over 90
percent of students who matriculate to Bergen and Essex County Community
Colleges requiring remediation before they can begin college-level work,
we clearly are not hitting that mark," said Acting Commissioner
Christopher D. Cerf. "In order to ensure that we are aligned with our
colleagues in higher education, we are bringing together practitioners
from both fields to clearly define the knowledge and skills that
students need to be ready for college and a career."
For more information about the task force:
http://www.state.nj.us/education/news/2011/1026task.htm

15 comments:

  1. The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple
    ipad and tested to see if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a
    youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and
    she has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic
    but I had to share it with someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you shared this
    helpful info with us. Please stay us informed
    like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative
    and engaging, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.

    The issue is an issue that too few men and women are speaking intelligently
    about. I am very happy I found this during my search for something concerning this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always spent my half an hour to read this blog's posts all the time along with a mug of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Dear, are you truly visiting this site daily, if so then you will without doubt obtain good knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but
    great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this info for my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for some other informative web site.
    Where else could I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal means?
    I've a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the glance out for such information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really a nice and helpful piece of info. I'm glad that
    you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to
    date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte
    more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if
    you could elaborate a little bit more. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website.
    I am hoping to view the same high-grade content from you in the future
    as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated
    me to get my very own blog now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very rapidly this site will be famous amid all blogging viewers, due
    to it's good articles

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as
    from our dialogue made at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Great job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that,
    how you presented it. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm extremely impressed with your writing abilities and also with
    the layout on your blog. Is this a paid subject matter or
    did you customize it your self? Either way
    stay up the nice quality writing, it's uncommon to see a nice blog like this one these days..

    ReplyDelete