If no Tracking, then we must have the following according to Rose Sanders.
- High Expectations
- B. Heterogeneous and Skill-based Grouping
- C. Providing Compensatory Education in Heterogeneous Classes
- D. High-level (Unified Required Core ) Curriculum for All Children
- E. Student Aspirations and Detracking
- F. Steps to Detrack Schools
· Rose Sanders is a civil rights attorney, education activist, songwriter, and playwright living in Selma, Alabama. She is the mother of three children.
· She is president and co-founder of the 21st Century Leadership project for youth across the South. 21st Century uses the L.A.C.E. (Leadership - Academics - Culture - Economics) philosophy.
· Rose Sanders was Alabama's first African American woman judge.
· Rose Sanders has also co-founded CARE (Coalition of Alabamians Reforming Education). In response to CARE's recommendation, Rose Sanders was appointed by the Governor of Alabama to co-chair the state Commission of Standards, Performance and Accountability which is drawing up a blueprint for education reform in Alabama.
· Rose Sanders co-founded McRae Learning Center where children learn to read at age 3 and 4.
· Also, she has co-founded the National Summit Against Tracking and the Miseducation of Children which convened at Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, in the fall of 1996.This was a very interesting article. Learn more about this fascinating woman and her innovative ideas on educating our youth. http://www.inmotionmagazine.com/altern.html